Wednesday, May 7, 2008

hiatus

sorry, folks. it indeed has been awhile since my last post and trust me, i've been meaning to post but you know how goes but after some razzing, here it is, the much needed post.

for the last month or two there has been some talk about the 'mommies on main' show, a fair that showcases items made by moms for moms and babies. so there were a few of us that had a serious interest about renting a table to show our wares but. there is always a but. but, this is a juried show meaning our wares would have to get selected in order for us to actually show them. that put the fear right into me; the fear of failure, the fear of rejection, so i did what i do best, procrastinate (hence the lack of blogs entries as well) but thanks to some level-headed people in my life i put my rear into gear, made a prototype for my mobile idea and submitted our application, with two days to spare from the april 30th deadline. the decision was bittersweet, of the three items we submitted only my mobiles was selected for the show. i am saddened that i will not be able to share this triumphant moment with my pals and really, it should be a great moment but now i feel failure and rejection is a real possibility as i get ready to display my ideas of creativity to the public to openly critique, good or bad. nonetheless, this is a chance that i am grateful for so you can find me and my mobiles at the 'mommies on main' show on july 12 and 13 at the heritage hall on main street.



one of my mobile ideas. more to come.

well, enough about me. my baby, my baby conrad. he is so close to crawling and when he does i'll be in trouble. he is able to push himself backwards when he's on his tummy on the laminate flooring but the little monster gets frustrated when he's on the carpet because it's a little harder to get around. and when he's backed himself into a corner he'll just continue pushing until he tires himself out and cries out for help.

he is so damn cute and i can hardly stand it. he melts my heart when he giggles and when he rests his head on my shoulder when he's tired and when he pulls my glasses all the way down my nose. his hair is growing lots but i don't see any curls yet except once with i think it was more of a cowlick. his weight is slowing down now since being on the move, you can see his neck now and soon, i'm told, his rolls will disappear and he will become a little boy instead of my baby. it's true when they say 'time flies when you're having fun' because i'm having the time of my life.

one of our favourite places.

they don't make them like they used to. this little whale is made of all metal, brings me back, way back.

see his little cowlick? keep your fingers crossed, maybe he'll be like his mom.

this one is for fun. the silly boy slept on his hand.

it's so nice that it's finally getting warm around here. there will be many more days hanging on deck.

thanks, linds, for holding yet another mama/baby day. good treats, good friends, good babies and good fun.

peek-a-boo!

glad you're feeling better, dayton*.

2 boys, 1 gal. you lucky thing.

*sorry, dayton, for the previous mis-spellings of your name! don't worry, i get it all the time too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! Is that Jones Park? Remember how we used to stop there on the way home from school?